RABINDRA K. SINGHFounder & Managing Attorney
Languages- English - Hindi - Bengali - Urdu
Contact Info:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org T: (732) 231-2898 [Clark, NJ] T: (312) 291-1234 [Chicago, IL] T: (919) 244-2464 [Rleigh, NC]
Rabindra (Rabi) Singh is the Founder & Managing Attorney of HSD Immigration Lawyer.
Selected by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star”, Rabi has advised clients in a variety of industries, with a focus on the information technology and financial services industries.
His work focuses on complex employment-, investment- and family-based immigration matters. Additionally, his practice entails filing federal court complaints against the DHS/USCIS challenging their arbitrary and capricious decisions; and resolving long-pending administrative processing matters at various U.S. Embassies/Consulates by filing federal court complaints against the Department of State (DOS).
Because of his excellent client service, Rabi has received multiple AVVO’s Clients’ Choice Awards. He also holds AVVO’s Highest Rating (10.0). Rabi has been consistently selected by ThreeBest Rated as one of the Best Immigration Lawyers in Naperville, Illinois.
Rabi’s areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, various employment-based green cards; investment-based visas and green cards; a range of nonimmigrant visa petitions such as H-1B, H-1B1, H-3, E-1, E-2, E-3, E-3, L-1, TN, O, P, U, etc.; waiver applications; humanitarian reinstatement applications; VAWA; affirmative and defensive asylum applications; family- and marriage-based green cards; CSPA matters; DHS TRIP matters; motion to reopen/reconsider; and AAO and BIA appeals. He regularly obtains favorable immigration benefits by filing federal court complaints against DHS/USCIS challenging their arbitrary and capricious decisions.
Rabi has been successful in quickly resolving long-pending administrative processing matters, at the various U.S. Consulates/Embassies, by filing writ of mandamus. Further, his practice focuses in the area of worksite enforcement and compliance which involves advising corporate clients on DOL/WHD audits, FDNS site visits, and I-9 compliance and investigations.
Rabi has authored a Book Chapter Article for ILW’s PERM Book (2017-2018 Edition, Editor: Joel Stewart). An avid writer, he frequently writes for both print and electronic media. Rabi’s articles have featured in the prestigious New Jersey Law Journal and Law360. In addition, his articles and blog posts frequently appear on ILW.COM.
- Authored Book Chapter Article for ILW PERM Book (2017-2018 Edition, Editor: Joel Stewart)
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by the Super Lawyers Magazine
- Selected by ThreeBest Rated as one of the 3 Best Immigration Lawyers in Naperville, Illinois
- Received multiple AVVO’s “Clients’ Choice Award”
- Holds AVVO’s Highest Rating (10.0)
- Authored Articles for the prestigious New Jersey Law Journal and Law360
- J.D. University of Kansas School of Law
- LL.B Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, India
- Diploma in Corporate Laws & Management | Indian Law Institute, India
- Bachelor of Science, with Honors | University of Delhi, India
- Filed Complaint for Declaratory Relief and Review of Administrative Agency Actions under the APA following L-1A extension petition denial by the USCIS’ California Service Center (1:18-cv-06254 Add Chapter Design LLC v. Nielsen et al.)
Result: Obtained favorable settlement.
- Filed Complaint for Declaratory Judgment challenging USCIS’ erroneous interpretation of INA and policy change pertaining to adjudication of B-2 to F-1 change of status applications (1:17-cv-03603 Khowaja v. Kelly et al.)
Result: Obtained favorable settlement.
- Guided corpoarate clients on FDNS Site visits, and WHD/DOL investigations.
- Immigration Pundits or Data: Employment-Based Priority Date Movement During FY2023 Starting October 1, 2022, COM, September 13, 2022.
- Is Advance Parole Really Serving the Needs of International Travel?, COM, August 29, 2022.
- Employment-Based Green Card Processing Update: AOS Applications Getting Transferred to USCIS Field- Offices via National Benefits Center, COM, April 5, 2022.
- USCIS to Expand Premium Processing for Forms I-539, I-765 & Certain I-140s, COM, April 4, 2022.
- Required Changes and Guidance To Properly Implement the H-1B Registration Rule, COM, February 21, 2022.
- All’s Well That Ends Well: Applicants for Change of Status to F-1 No Longer Required to Submit “bridge” Applications, COM, July 22, 2021.
- Major Victory: L-1A Approval Through Federal Court Action, COM, February 26, 2019.
- Dealing with H-1B Extensions in the New No-Deference Era, Law360, November 1, 2017.
- Clearing Up School Accreditation For H-1B Master’s Cap, Law360, June 5, 2017.
- What’s Going On With USCIS B-2 To F-1 Denials?, Law360, January 24, 2017.
- Five Mistakes One Should Never Make On An Initial “New” Company L-1A Petition, COM, October 11, 2016.
- “Familial Relationship” Within the Context of PERM Labor Certification Application, COM, September 14, 2016.
- October 2016 Visa Bulletin Update: USCIS to use “Filing Date” Chart for Accepting Adjustment of Status Applications, com, September 22, 2016.
- USCIS to Hike Filing Fees and Impose A New Fee for the EB-5 Investor Visa Program, com, May 2016.
- June 2016 Visa Bulletin Announces Significant Retrogression For India And China, com, May 2016.
- Another H-1B nonimmigrant visa lottery is looming: Now is the time to start to think about your H-1B back-up plan, COM, April 1, 2016.
- What H-1B Employers Need to know about the LCA to Avoid Potential DOL Compliance Pitfalls, com, January 19, 2016.
- Update: EADS & Accepting Job Promotions Post I-140 Approval is Soon Going to Be a Reality, COM, December 2, 2015.
- CIS Memo Could Relieve Some Immigrant Religious Workers, Law360, July 29, 2015.
- H-1B Amendments Post-Simeio Solutions: Why CIS Should Consider Taking Off The Retroactivity Aspect From The “Draft” Guidance? COM, June 17, 2015.
- Did Disney or The H-1B Program Let US Tech Workers Down?, Law360, June 12, 2015.
- AAO to Employers: Submit an Amended H-1B if Moving an Employee, New Jersey Law Journal, May 27, 2015.
- H-1B Master’s Cap: NOT Every Master’s Degree from a United States College or University Qualifies a Foreign National, ILW.COM, January 29, 2015.
- Submitting an H-1B Petition on April 1st: What Prospective H-1B Employers and Employees Need To Know, ILW.COM, January 15, 2015.
- ‘Onboarding’ New H-1B Employees, New Jersey Law Journal, December 4, 2014.
- Can President Overhaul Immigration Without Congress’ Blessing?, New Jersey Law Journal, August 14, 2014.
- Exploring Visa Options Beyond the H-1B Cap, New Jersey Law Journal, May 27, 2014.
- Fraud, Technical Violations, and/or Misrepresentation That Could Trigger H-1B Visa Refusal or Administrative Processing Under 221(g) At A Consular Post, ILW.COM, May 23, 2014.
- Now That the Cap Is Reached . . . Do I Still Have a Chance of Getting an H-1B Visa?, ILW.COM, April 11, 2014.
- Immigration-Related Audits: What Employers Need To Know, New Jersey Law Journal, April 3, 2014.
- Does My Master’s Degree Qualifies Me for the H-1B Master’s Cap?, ILW.COM, April 1, 2014.
- The H-1B Visa Dilemma: March Madness Could Bring H-1B Sadness, ILW.COM, March 21, 2014.
- The Whys and How’s of Education and/or Experience Evaluations in the Context of H-1B Visa Preparation and Filing, ILW.COM, March 14, 2014.
- ABCs of H-1Bs: How To Get Them Filed and Approved in April, New Jersey Law Journal, March 13, 2014.
- What H-1B Employers Need To Know About the LCA to Avoid Potential DOL Compliance Pitfalls?, ILW.COM, March 5, 2014.
- How Much Prospective H-1B Employers Need to Pay to H-1B Employees and Why The Prevailing Wage is Important. com, February 24, 2014.
- “Defining Partnership of 21st Century”: E Visa Possibility For Indian Citizens, com, January 15, 2014.
- Article: Is my marriage a “valid marriage” for U.S. immigration purposes?, ILW.com, January 13, 2014.
- Speaker, U.S. Immigration Law Basics, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), June 2015.
- Speaker, Hot Topics In Family/Immigration Law Practice, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), January 2015.
- Speaker, Family Based Immigration, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), March 2016.
- Speaker, S. Immigration Law Basics, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), June 2016.
- Speaker, Workforce Investigations: What to do Before (and After) ICE, FDNS & DOL knock on the Door, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), August 2016.